Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Looking Back!

Well the end of my 8 weeks of class are approaching quickly and this week we are asked to reflect on everything we have discussed/read over the last 7 weeks. I can tell you it has been a lot of information to reflect on but extremely interesting. I have really enjoyed my classmates and their views on the materials that we have covered. So here are the questions we were asked to discuss in this week’s blog!

Now that you have a deeper understanding of the different learning theories and learning styles, how has your view on how you learn changed? Further explain your own personal learning preferences?

I think the number one thing I have learned from this class is that learning is a unique experience that is different for each person and as a future instructional designer I must understand that when implementing training in the future! Upon reflection of my own learning experiences growing up; I am able to better understand how I was able to overcome a learning comprehension problem and be successful as a student. As an adult my learning has been geared towards more of a technology based learning. I have been brought out of my comfort zone of a traditional classroom to an online environment and requires me to be technology savvy (kind of :)). I remember just 7 weeks ago being totally intimidated by the fact that I was going to have to step up my computer technology skills! I now understand how an instructional designer has such a BIG impact on training, education, or in any other learning environment.

What role does technology play in your learning?

Technology has played a vital role in my learning however it hasn't been until lately that I have realized its impact. When I started taking this online class I had become familiar the Walden E-library, online discussion boards, blogs, as well as RSS feeder. Prior to this class I had no idea about, let alone the impact blogs and a RSS feeder can have when someone is trying to learn new material. I have used these different resources as part of my researching. I like to reference online blogs when I am looking to hear personal stories about a topic I am examining. One thing that I have learned the last 7 weeks is that as an instructional designer that technology plays a vital role in learning today and it is important that I stay on the for front of emerging technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment